4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Move Charge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Move Charge Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Move Charge Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Move Charge Empty
PostSubject: Move Charge   Move Charge Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:31 pm

For the purposes of future clarification, since it's come up a couple of times...

I do not see any reason why you cannot move and then charge.

Player's Handbook wrote:
No Further Actions: After you resolve a charge attack, you can't take any further actions this turn, unless you spend an action point to take an extra action.
So, obviously, you can't charge and then shift back one square. This seems like a good rule, and it hardly makes sense for Conan the fucking Barbarian to rush forward with his scary face, slaughter his enemies and listen to the lamentations of their women, and then take a 5-foot step afterward. However, moving 3 squares and then beginning a charge (that involves moving another 5 squares and attacking) both intuitively makes sense and does not appear to violate the rules.

As far as running and then charging, I see no reason why you can't do that either. In general it seems like a pretty dumb move, since the whole purpose of a charge is to get +1 to your attack, and the run gives you a -5. Given that the penalties for doing so involve granting all enemies combat advantage and incurring opportunity attacks, it hardly seems worth it. But it doesn't seem to violate the rules.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:
Move Charge Left_bar_bleue0/0Move Charge Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Move Charge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move Charge   Move Charge Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 am

I was going to say something on this....This one is goofy to me but after re-reading it a couple times I was thinking it was kidna to good but I see the limits being that it is a melee basic so you don't get a anything special just the +1. The OA is the same as any other movement so whatever. I guess it's just supposed to be to more or less get into the foray quickly since the damage is negligible (especially at higher levels) or you can bull rush which ok makes sense since you would get a long running start. It looks like it's just less limiting than 3.5e.

Short answer; defiantly looks like you can move and then charge, remember you HAVE to move 2 squares to start the charge. Also your enemies can do it too Razz

Oh yeah and Matthew is right running and then charging would be kind of dumb since you have a -4 on the attack and gave combat advantage to anyone that OA's you.
Back to top Go down

Move Charge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Mechanics and Resources :: Mechanics-
Jump to: