4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Effects!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dravin

Dravin

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Dravis
Hit Dice: 2
XP to Next Level:
Effects! Left_bar_bleue1000/2250Effects! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/2250)

Effects! Empty
PostSubject: Effects!   Effects! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:08 am

So I was reading the players handbook last night and was looking at how to read powers to perhaps help Troy with the encounter tool. Something on page 59 struck me like a bolt to the brain. It said Effect: Sometimes a power will have an effect whether you hit or not, or even take effect without an attack. So this means to me that when a power has an effect that it happens if we hit with the attack or not. Only what it states in the "Hit" description is what happens when we hit. That is why they have a separate section for 'Miss' and 'Effect'. The reason this is so cool for me is because that means that those encounter and daily powers we have been using that have an effect are not completely a waste if we miss our target. You can all thank me for finding this tidbit of info by creating a shrine to me and praying to it daily.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:
Effects! Left_bar_bleue0/0Effects! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Effects! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Effects!   Effects! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:46 am

Yeah you are correct on this. Like if it says Hit: XYZXXXYZ then you only get those things if you hit Miss: same thing like whatever half damage or something and then Effect: Happens when you use the power. It's mostly in dailies to make them useful even if you miss so it's not a complete waste. Though I didn't really see any Warlord ones that were missed since I think you have Lead the Attack as your daily if I remember right? But like Pin the Foe and Bastion of Defense have them. Looks like a lot of the spells with effects really start kicking in at level 5+.

Oh but looking I do see like Viper Strike has one and I mean I agree it looks like you get the Effect even if you miss, the flavor text actually helped me here "You trick your adversary into making a tactical error that gives you comrade a chance to attack" So sounds like the attack is extra (and it would be gay if you didn't get to and it was an at-will) but the main thing is you like feint them or trick them so they are going to cause opp. attack regardless.
Back to top Go down
Dravin

Dravin

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Dravis
Hit Dice: 2
XP to Next Level:
Effects! Left_bar_bleue1000/2250Effects! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/2250)

Effects! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Effects!   Effects! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Yeah I didn't even notice that one I was mostly thinking of the dailies as well makes it more bearable when you miss with one of those if SOMETHING happens heh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Effects! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Effects!   Effects! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Effects!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Mechanics and Resources :: Mechanics-
Jump to: