4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The True Champion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
The True Champion Left_bar_bleue0/1000The True Champion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 am

Walking along side Dravin, Amnon leans over and mutters, "I'm afraid I am losing faith in our esteemed Lord Marklehay. Even I will admit that Fallcrest has done well under his rule, but until now I'd never dealt with him in person, and I have to say I'm not impressed."--he sidestepped a bit of kobold excrement, and pointed it out so Dravin could do the same.

Dravin, used to Amnon's pessimistic nature by now, simply nodded in thanks for the shit watch and then nodding again, prompting his friend to continue.

Amnon continued, "First of all, his reputation rests on the acquisition of a legendary blade, of which the legend is well-known, and yet he deferred us to his wife for the details. Were I in his place, I'm relatively sure I'd be more informed."--glancing at Dravin to see his reaction, he was rewarded by a slightly raised eyebrow. Encouraged, he spoke further, "As you know, I'm not quick to believe in prophecy, or legend for that matter, but I happen to believe there is a large measure of truth to this particular legend. Regardless though, our Lord finds himself in a situation in which he has to hope, if not actually assume the legend does have merit. His entire reputation depends on it. So, assuming it is legitimate, it would not be difficult at all for one who carried Honor's Call to ensure only those of heroic nature managed to locate all of the pieces of the shattered sword."--he stopped and turned to face Dravin while Vhale and Kreig, ahead of them, tried to decide which corridor to turn down. "For, as you'll recall, only a "true champion" can recover the sword, which I assume refers to the individual sword pieces as well."

Dravin, intrigued now, turned to face his friend more fully, prompting him to continue.

Amnon persisted, "Considering this, do you not find it interesting that we have been sent in the Lord's stead to do what only a "true champion" can do? Suppose for a moment that it is all true. If so, would that not imply that one of us is the "true champion"?"

Last edited by Amnon on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dravin

Dravin

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Dravis
Hit Dice: 2
XP to Next Level:
The True Champion Left_bar_bleue1000/2250The True Champion Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/2250)

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Dravin to Amnon   The True Champion Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:48 am

Dravin, turning to his erstwhile companion nods succinctly. "I too have felt this way, upon first hearing of this blade I have felt a pull." "I feel as if this may be the very thing I have been searching for that may be used to help unite the vale and help bring about it's former glory, and prosperity." Dravin nods towards Vhale, Kydan, and Krieg. "It seems as if fate has provided us with the stalwart companions we will need to face destiny head on." Slapping Amnon on the back and smiling at his customary scowl, Dravin continues. "We will prevail against this darkness my friend, and perhaps along the way you will find what I know you have so desperately sot your whole life." Holding his torch high Dravin exclaims. "Come let us shed a little light into this god forsaken pit of darkness!"
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
The True Champion Left_bar_bleue0/1000The True Champion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:44 pm

Scowling at Dravin after the back slap, which Dravin knew full well was something Amnon was annoyed by, he grumbled back, "It cannot be denied that the facts seem to be lining themselves up to place one of us in the role of the true champion of legend, should we find the blade peices. If this is indeed the case, and I hope it is, do we then keep the blade, denying the Lord the very thing he sent us is search of? Though it would seem reasonable, given the legend, would that not constitute a challenge to his lordship, which we have already agreed to support in accepting this treasure hunt? If so, I would argue that in doing so we would be doing what is reasonable, though it would also serving our own needs, not that of the Lord or of Fallcrest. Should one of us be fortunate enough to be the hero of legend, only waiting to be discovered, I would petition that we consider our next move carefully, weighing all of our options, including that of the sale of this blade to Kamroth if that proves to be the better course for all involved." After saying this, Amnon came to realize he had unknowingly gained the entire group’s attention with his proposition. Though his words had been built on reason, he could see in his companion's eyes that they were thinking this speech to be yet another one of the Warlock's silver-tongued attempts at turning an attempt to serve the greater good into an attempt to get the group to serve themselves. He thought his argument was quite good, actually, but seeing his friends' scowling visages now, he decided they weren't buying it. In defense, and in order to try to side-step the situation, he resolved himself to reverting back to stubborn, arrogant silence, rather than pull his only friends in the world into an argument ultimately based on his own values, which they all knew were much different than theirs.
Back to top Go down
Dravin

Dravin

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Dravis
Hit Dice: 2
XP to Next Level:
The True Champion Left_bar_bleue1000/2250The True Champion Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/2250)

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Dravin knew better than to even attempt to argue with his jaded companion. Turning to the rest of the group Dravin attempted to put his feelings into words the others might understand. "I believe the true choice we must make is whether we, or one of us is the 'True Champion' that the lady spoke of, or if the champion is the one who sent us on this quest in the first place". "I have no question as to the Lord Warden's ability to administer the daily activities of Fallcrest, however I believe it has fallen upon us to determine if he is to be the one that will truly lead us into the era of peace and prosperity that the Vale needs". "I have felt the call of this quest and have no question that we must find and reunite the lost pieces of this blade". "As to what we decide to do with it once it is in our hands, I believe that is something we must think long and hard upon". Glancing over at Amnon, he concludes, "As for selling the sword to, that power hungry brigand, Kamroth I have four words, Eying Amnon meaningfully Dravin states, "Not going to happen."
Back to top Go down
Kyden

Kyden

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:
The True Champion Left_bar_bleue0/0The True Champion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Stepping forward to add his opinion, Kyden states,

"I think it is important to remain level-headed at such a time. While I agree that it is suspicious as to why Lord Marklehay is under the impression we will willingly hand over the sword that we, as a group, possibly will acquire for him, I do not feel that arguing about it at this time is prudent. We have more pressing matters to attend to, and while the safety of Fallcrest, and its longevity are concerns for us, I feel as though we must spend more time investigating the subject in question. When time allows it, I suggest we pool our abilities together, to research more on the sword, and Lord Marklehay himself..."

Stopping for a moment, to let silence fall over the party, Kyden peers down the hallway.

"For now, we have a job to finish."
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 pm

In the moment of silence following Kyden's statement the party can here sounds coming from the North passage.
It sounds like the cackling high pitched laughter of koblods...hard to be sure but you think you here words in Common echoing down the halls..."Skull, Skull, Skull!"
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:59 pm

Vhale intently listening from the front line finally turns to his companions and states, "There will be a time when perhaps the fate of Fallcrest shall rest in our hands and in our decision of the rightful wielder of Honor's Call but for now let us be content clearing this hall of this cursed goblinoid scum."

Turning back to meet the faces behind the chanting Vhale says under his breath, "... but perhaps meeting this Kamroth could result more to base our decision on."
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: chatting in town   The True Champion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:52 pm

While sitting in the Nentir Inn waiting for Lady Alandey's inevitable call for us, Vhale decides to strike up a conversation with Amnon his Tie-fling associate. It is not well known, and Vhale does not like to advertise it, but he harbors an inherent distrust of the tiefling race. It isn't so blatent that he hates the race, but he can't help but feel they aren't the most trustworthy bunch...

Vhale admires the backside of one of the half-elf serving wenches as a patron "accidentally" knocks over his full stein when he says to Amnon, "I believe you are right in wanting to get the full story about this Kamroth character. Bahamut knows his reputation around town, but I can't feel completely comfortable without knowing both sides of any given story. Trying to put myself in Kamroth's shoes I've been unable to see a reason for trying to speak against Lord Markelhay, besides sheer greed of course. Never the less I think we should have a chat with this fellow upon our return to Fallcrest. I myself trust the Lord Warden and believe he is a just man which was why I was so hasty in accepting his altruistic missions. Since our group has already established ourselves as in league with Markelhay perhaps it be best that you and maybe a few others go and speak to Kamroth to find out any information you can about him, I feel it would be best for me not to be seen associating with the enemy as I have been defaulted into the leader position of our little band here."

Vhale, assuming Amnon gives one of his characterstic all-too-telling-looks, immediately orders himself and his tiefling associate a large stein of the finest hops Fallcrests brewers have to offer. Vhale turns away from the serving wench for a second to look at Amnon when he orders the drinks adding, "...only the finest drink, on Markelhay's tab" knowing this will bring a smile to his associates devilish face.
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Amnon, who had been listening quietly to this point, accepts the stein with grin and a nod. After sipping it a few times, he pulls his attention from the amber gold and shares his thoughts with Vhale. “I wonder if you have come to this reasonable decision too late, my friend. As you have said, we have already placed ourselves in league with one side of battle that was not originally our own, without exploring both sides beforehand. There is no source of wisdom of which I am aware that would attest to such a movement as being wise.”—Amnon paused briefly as he waited for his dwarven companion to watch the attractive, half-elven serving wench saunter by.

Amnon sipped his drink until Vhale’s attention returned, eventually continuing, “Despite this, I agree that we should do now what we did not do before, and pay a visit to Kamroth upon our return. However, I would ask that you play the role that has fallen into your lap, that of our leader, and lead this meeting as well. Surely by now each of us is well known by all involved, be them friend or foe, and I see no need for any one of us to hide from such a meeting, particularly our leader.”—at this moment, Vhale notices Amnon’s red eyes flared ever so slightly, as unknown thoughts flittered behind them. There might also have been a grin on Amnon's face at this point, but Vhale couldn't quite be sure as the tiefling held his stein to his mouth and drank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The True Champion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Champion   The True Champion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The True Champion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Campaign :: In-Character Discussions-
Jump to: