4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bitching

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Bitching Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Bitching Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Bitching Empty
PostSubject: Bitching   Bitching Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:30 pm

It's the curse of innovation that people are much more likely to bitch about what they don't like than applaud what they do. There are many many things I like about what they have done, and the chief virtue of the revamped system is its more streamlined character. A lot of the complexity in 3e came from their attempt to make things customizable, which gave you freedom but required more work. On the balance I think it's a big improvement, but there are also things I don't like that I'm likely to bitch about. Don't take that as me hating the new system. I'm really excited about trying it out.

Skillz are one thing I think they could have done a better job with. I'm very disappointed in their multiclassing system, which they pretty much decided to ditch altogether. I don't like that at all and I hope they come up with something better in future supplements--taking a feat to get one random ability from the other class doesn't amount to much. Come to think of it, this new system doesn't even need to have classes at all. The attack, defense, and skill progressions are the same for everybody; the only difference is in the powers. One could conceivably just jettison the class system and allow the player to choose any power he wants and have the ability to create any kind of hybrid character. Anyway, I'm just sad about multiclassing.
Back to top Go down

Bitching
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Mechanics and Resources :: Mechanics-
Jump to: