4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Knight!

Go down 
+2
Dean
Dravin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dravin

Dravin

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Dravis
Hit Dice: 2
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue1000/2250Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/2250)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:06 am

That movie was AWESOME!!!! Just wanted everyone to know go see it, then go see it again, then post about it, then see it a third time. It will be worth it. I also wanted to point out how funny I am. During the previews it showed the T4 teaser, and at the end of the teaser as he turned to fight the Hunter Killer I yelled out, "GET 'EM BATMAN" yeah everyone laughed for like 2 minutes, I am hilarious. Just wanted you all to know.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue0/0Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 pm

lawl i might steal that trick
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:56 am

Holy fucking balls, Batman.

This movie was amazing. I'm pretty sure I gave myself permanent kidney damage because I had to pee for the last hour but refused to leave the theater for one second. If any of you haven't yet seen it, go immediately.

Also, bonus trailer for Watchmen that will make you blow your wad.
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue0/1000Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Quote :
This movie was amazing. I'm pretty sure I gave myself permanent kidney damage because I had to pee for the last hour but refused to leave the theater for one second. If any of you haven't yet seen it, go immediately.

I did the exact same thing!

Quote :
Also, bonus trailer for Watchmen that will make you blow your wad.

Damn! Did this come after the movie? I know I should have stuck around Sad
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Amnon wrote:
Damn! Did this come after the movie? I know I should have stuck around Sad
Nope. In with the rest of the trailers. No worries--just go to apple trailers or the Watchmen website. I know they have up some trailer or other, and it's very likely to be the same one.
Back to top Go down
Kyden

Kyden

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Worst. Movie. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 am

Kyden wrote:
Worst. Movie. Ever.
Are you actually serious? Because I was thinking that it was the best movie I've seen in years. I haven't had a chance to discuss it with anyone yet, though, so perhaps others have a different take.
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue0/1000Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:33 am

I wouldn't say it's the best I've seen in years, but it was definitely among the top 5 or so that I've seen in the last year or two.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 am

Yeah I forgot to post, it was really good. It was almost perfect in the comic/graphic novel feel of the original Dark Knight/Batman stuff.

On that note check out the DVD of Gotham Knight it was really good too and (like animatrix) leads into Dark Knight.

P.S. I thought the Two-Face make-up was perfect. Also Zac booed at the end of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Kyden

Kyden

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:56 am

Actually I got up halfway through the movie and said --

"Alright, I am totally flaccid, but thank you anyway ma'am. I appreciate your time."
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Kyden wrote:
Actually I got up halfway through the movie and said --

"Alright, I am totally flaccid, but thank you anyway ma'am. I appreciate your time."
Wow, that's some pretty intense dislike. So what didn't work for you?

Dean wrote:
It was almost perfect in the comic/graphic novel feel of the original Dark Knight/Batman stuff.
Funny you say that. One of the reasons I liked it so much is that it felt so utterly unlike a comic book superhero movie.
Back to top Go down
Dravin

Dravin

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Dravis
Hit Dice: 2
XP to Next Level:
Dark Knight! Left_bar_bleue1000/2250Dark Knight! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/2250)

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 pm

I think I see the problem Zac. It seems that without the 'flamboyant' feel of the original batman series (read gay overtones) you just can't seem to appreciate how they have turned the franchise into a gritty testosterone driven penetrating look into human nature. I feel your pain however and if you would like to stop by some time I will help you work on your 'flaccidity'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kyden

Kyden

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Lolz, to put an end to everyone's thoughts, I'm only kidding about the movie. I thought it was really good.

However, and of course there is a however, I didn't feel like it was the best movie of all time. (Which is what I have been hearing nonstop about it)

I was thoroughly pleased tho.

I thought the role of the Joker was genius. Not the acting of Ledger, which I thought was good, but the character himself. In my opinion, they portrayed him as the epitome of what a villain should be. Not killing for money, or revenge, or even hate. Just a killer and psycho because that's what he feels he needs to do. He doesn't even want to kill the one person who is able to stop him. He just wants to create mayhem and destruction for everyone. Sweet.

I also thought the ending was awesome. The very end, the verbal exchange between Gordon and Batman. Where Batman takes the fall for everything wrong, which is the sign of a true hero, someone not needing recognition for what they do right. Just doing the right thing without regard of what people think, hating you or not.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Dean wrote:
It was almost perfect in the comic/graphic novel feel of the original Dark Knight/Batman stuff.
Funny you say that. One of the reasons I liked it so much is that it felt so utterly unlike a comic book superhero movie.[/quote]

I guess I felt more like it was a graphic novel feel, i.e. the costumes and sets and whatnot like I can see those in my mind illustrated the same way.

As for the movie I mean it's like 9/10 or something for me, yeah not best movie ever but really great. I would recommend it etc.

Quote :
I thought the role of the Joker was genius. Not the acting of Ledger, which I thought was good, but the character himself.

Yeah I said that after the movie like the character itself is so amazing and they did a great job with the scripting and screenplay of him that it came off exactly as I see Joker in my mind. Like he is Batman's opposite but it's like one of those graphs where two circles meet partly in the middle with stuff they have in common (forget the name of that thing) and they played it perfect. Also Joker's "mad genius"ness...like Batman is always referred to as like the smartest hero but Joker might be his equal, he KNOWS all the tricky ways Batman will stop him and is a step ahead.

Anyways watch Dark Knight. Also I have to say I am 50/50 on Watchmen, I don't think they will do it right. Who knows though.
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Venn Diagram is what you are thinking of

To throw in my two cents, I thought it was really good. I thought Heath Ledger did a good job but I didn't think it was like the best acting job ever in the history if cinema like everyone is talking about. I think they need to give a lot of the credit of the joker to the writing and directing of him too. Anyway, awesome movie and I'm excited for the next.
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:10 pm

I agree that Chris Nolan deserves buckets of credit for making the Joker such an incredible villain in the writing and directing department, but I can see why people are peeing themselves over Ledger. His performance literally gave me chills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight!   Dark Knight! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: General :: Anything else worth talking about-
Jump to: