4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Religion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Religion Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Religion Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Religion   Religion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Dean wrote:
I mean the tradition of a champion of a specific god is cool but I always like ideas that are against the grain. Would be interesting to play......I mean as far as feats it's tough because technically to get a feat the god should be your like patron or whatever meaning you revere him/her highest. Maybe like a Hindu type faith where you have a highest god but have minor ones you revere at times as well?
Obviously this doesn't directly affect me, but I think it's a pretty interesting idea. One notion I had would be to frame the religion as being the entire pantheon. In other words, the eleven gods are all just faces of God. Kind of like the Christian trinity thing.
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:
Religion Left_bar_bleue0/0Religion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:45 pm

I will get in early so I don't dissapoint with what I originally had in mind. I've had some writers block or something when coming up with cool ideas and what not for my characters and background, but all I was thinking is that this paladin is not going to be the standard hero lawful good goody two shoes schmuck. Yes he will absolutley be a good character with a strong altruistic view point but hopefully not the cliche type of "oh god, there is a fucking pally in our group "

So all I had in mind was to play him as a good character not lawful good full on obey all laws regardless. But with this lack of devotion to the lawful side I thought it fit that he doesn't neccesarily be the religious champion of one god. I kind of wanted to view the gods as a pantheon like greek and roman gods. Basically he will view as all of the gods existing and being powerful in their own fields and therefore should be worshipped at the appropriate times. Also, i have an idea planned of a strong dwarven upbringing and since dwarves naturally are very family oriented it makes sense to me a strong sense of religious viewpoint coulld go with that, so he worships MOradin because of one part of him but only at certain times.

Hopefully it will make more sense when I write my small character story which should be coming tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
Religion Left_bar_bleue0/1000Religion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:15 pm

You should make him a spiritualist and have him worship various energies and auras that are emitted from different kinds of rocks, hehe. The funny thing is some people actually believe in that B.S. But, hey this IS a fantasy world and your dude IS a dwarf, so it could work I guess. Smile

Quote :
Rose Quartz Crystal
It is considered an excellent crystal for healing of emotional wounds when placed on the heart chakra.

Obsidian
Obsidian comes in various shades like grey, brown, blue, and black obsidian rock. The most important aspects of this rock for are its grounding and protection properties. It is considered to be excellent for stabilizing internal and external energies and keeping one from physical or emotional harm.

Moonstone
This is a beautiful opalescent white stone which has many attributes associated with it. It is considered to be a stone that helps in connecting to your intuitive abilities enhancing perception and discernment.

Azurite
This crystal is considered to enhance ones ability to connect with their intuitive ability and psychic selves (through the stimulation of the 3rd eye chakra). It is also thought to aid in developing a deeper connection to the heart enabling the more compassionate you to be more present.

Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli is intended to activate and energize the throat chakra. There are many other attributes associated with this stone such as enhancement of awareness, intellectual capacity and gaining clarity.

Calcite
Calcite comes in many shades ranging from clear to green, orange, pink and many more. Calcite is said to help the mind and body to remember information when channeling or during astral travel. The clear and golden calcite are also supposed to be excellent energy sources to use on the crown Chakra.

Clear Quartz Crystal
There are many attributes associated with the clear quartz. It is considered to be a “stone of power” and that there are no limitations in the ways in which this stone can help.

source: http://www.spiritualhealingarts.com/Healing_Crystals_and_Gemstones.html

... I chopped out a bunch of this person's personal take on this crap because it was making me angry. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyden

Kyden

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:
Religion Left_bar_bleue0/0Religion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:26 am

You know what you should do? You should choose like....six....dieties to pray to. And then randomly, when your character feels like it, in game will roll a d6 and that will tell him which diety he is to pray to at that time. Fucking. Flawless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Campaign :: World/Campaign Specifics-
Jump to: