4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story So Far...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:
The Story So Far... Left_bar_bleue0/0The Story So Far... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Story So Far... Empty
PostSubject: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:18 am

Having completed training with the clerics and priests of The Spire, Baern was ready to begin his path towards full acceptance into the brotherhood that is the Church of Erathis. But hows does one being said journey he wondered. Just then a young page boy now more than eight approached the open door of his room in the bunk halls of the Spire Academy.

"Pardon me my lord but I have a message from Father Dorith."

"Of course child bring it here." said Baern.

The note was simple "come to my chamber to receive your first assignment"

Baern knew that Father Dorith, a musclar human in his late 30s, was known for his impatience, he quickly pulled on his robes and made his way through the halls of the Spire. The twisting chambers of the First Ring were made to prevent intruders from finding their way out without running into a patrol or guard post. Baern's hands began to sweat as he approached the large double doors that lead to the offices of the clergy of the First Ring. As he opened the door he was met by a tall lanky teenage boy, "May I help you sire?"

"I am here at the request of Father Dorith." he stated as calmly as he could trying his best not to betray his nervous voice.

"Oh of course you must be Brother Baern, he asked you go into his office. It is up just ahead on the right."

The door to Father Dorith's office was plain and simple but the inside revealed another story, extravagant carpets and tapestries flowed through the circular room, the smell of incense burned into his nostrils. From the desk in the center of the room came a voice "Bardryn come take this letter it will explain your mission to you, I don't have time for questions so please bother my assistant with those."

Baern felt he should say something to honor getting an audience with such a renowned cleric but held his tongue and quickly took the letter as instructed. As he turned to leave the gruff voice spoke again "Baern....good luck, Erathis watch over you."

"Thank you sir." was all he could muster.

Baern anxiously opened his first mission letter, what a day his first mission and he had only just been confirmed as an Initiate of the First Ring! After a minute of reading he approached the tall boy again. "Regarding this letter, it talks of companions but not of whom or how many." Baern said flatly as he mulled the contents over in his head.

"Oh yes right, well sire the Father said that for this mission you would be assigned two companions but were free to take whomever you wished. However if you are hiring out help the church will not pay for such things."

"Right, well who is it they assigned to me?"

"Two gentlemen, Brak Battlesworn and Sikainder Mandalorian. They were told to meet you at the Tavern of the Silver Sun at the south of town."

"Great two no name mercs, this is what they saddle me with? Hopefully they can at least stand from all the alcohol the must be neck deep in by now." Baern though to himself as he headed out the great archways of the Spire. Arriving at the tavern after a good bit of walking Baern headed straight to the bar, "Give me a pint of you dwarven reserves and perhaps you could point me to a couple of ruff neck mercenaries that would have arrived earlier this morning?"

The bartender shifted his weight "Ain't no mercs in here as'a yet, bit to early and they are probably still sleeping off their ale. There is a couple church boys over in the corner said they was awaiting someones from the church."

A glance to the corner Baern quite a sight, a young overweight elf (or was it elardrin, who can tell them apart these days) sat in the corner booth with a large dragon-man. He paid the bartender and took his mug over to the booth, "Hello friends, I am Baern Bardryn, I take it you are the men that are to accompany me to Mensk?"

The young eladrin was the first to speak "Sikainder Mandalorian here, but you'll call me Kane so you don't tire your brain out trying to wrap it around my given name."

"And me is Brak, paladin fathers told me I go with you and protect be big glory for me!" said the dragonkin smiling childishly.

"Very well then let us be off Mensk is two days ride if we hurry we should be able to get a full days travel in." Baern said as he gulped down the drawvish ale. "The church has said we can take mercenaries if we feel we need them, either of you think we will be needing that? The mission seems to be a simple one." Baern said as they headed out the doors.

Kane donning his hooded robes spoke up; "Well he isn't a merc but I do have someone who might be of some use to us, my brother Wraith. I took the liberty of inviting him, making himself useful and securing some horses for us right now he is."

"Well I wish we had have discussed it but I suppose another companion could not hurt." said Baern.

And that is where we will begin, Wraith has agreed earlier in the day to accompany Kane on his mission and has got four horses waiting at the edge of Aonu. We will start leaving the town and give you guys a chance to discuss anything you need to before you arrive at Mensk.

Last edited by The Sarge on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 am

Sorry for the formatting, the site is a retard fucker and didn't let me to paragraphs and shit. blah, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
The Story So Far... Left_bar_bleue48000/55000The Story So Far... Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:36 am

The Sarge wrote:
Sorry for the formatting, the site is a retard fucker and didn't let me to paragraphs and shit. blah, whatever.
Usually it's better just to space it so that there's a blank between paragraphs.

So do we know what this mission is? The story does not seem to say, other than that it requires traveling to Mensk.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:29 am

Knew that was coming rabbit
Baern has your mission as it was issued to him personally I didn't want to take away his thunder. Also Kane and Brak were simply given orders to accompany Baern on his mission and help him as best they could. Wraith was ordered to...uh, stop sucking. He failed.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:31 am

Quote :
Usually it's better just to space it so that there's a blank between paragraphs.

You are right, I had tried to break the line and manually space the paragraph but it was a no go. Oh well I changed it because I could barely look at it as it was. There used to be an HTML command to do it but (<p> i thought) but can't recall, also I don't think HTML works on here.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
The Story So Far... Left_bar_bleue48000/55000The Story So Far... Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:10 pm

The Sarge wrote:
Wraith was ordered to...uh, stop sucking. He failed.
Wow. Getting vicious already. Can't wait to see where this goes.

The Sarge wrote:
There used to be an HTML command to do it but (<p> i thought) but can't recall, also I don't think HTML works on here.
HTML works just fine. It uses brackets: [ ] rather than carrots: < >
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Hmm I couldn't get that to work either like [br] should break the line but it doesn't I think its only some commands like italics . Oh well no biggie, and I was just messing around about Wraith because I knew you were reading it first geek god these smileys are dumb, but yet entertain me.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Dunno why you need html formatting for line breaks you just hit the enter key...

twice. Or were you trying to do something different?
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
The Story So Far... Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Story So Far... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 pm

HTML was disabled, but is now enabled.

Also, Matt, you are referring to BBCode with the square brackets "[" and "]"

This is a test paragraph HTML element.

So is this...

weird, it works when I preview, but not when I actually post it... hmmm...

Anyway, learn more about using BBCode here. Then you'll be able to do things like BLURRRR
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 pm

It wasn't a huge deal just something I was used to for writing stuff like this, also yeah it will show up one way in the post (first time it showed paragrpahs) and then when it posts it goes up different.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Baern wrote:
HTML was disabled, but is now enabled.

Also, Matt, you are referring to BBCode with the square brackets "[" and "]"

This is a test paragraph HTML element.

So is this...

weird, it works when I preview, but not when I actually post it... hmmm...

Anyway, learn more about using BBCode here. Then you'll be able to do things like BLURRRR
Well, I don't shit about this crap. Hell if I know what it's called. All I can tell you is that I put open bracket ( [ ) then type something ( i ) and then close bracket ( [ ) and all the sudden the words I type show up different. (As an overkill example.) Also, whenever you put your cursor over one of the little buttons in the compose area, it floats little text that tells you how to type in the code manually.
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
The Story So Far... Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Story So Far... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 am

Quote :
It wasn't a huge deal just something I was used to for writing stuff like this, also yeah it will show up one way in the post (first time it showed paragrpahs) and then when it posts it goes up different.

I think this new template breaks the HTML.
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:48 am

Oh I see how it, all getting together to talk shit on my forum template, well fuck you buddies!
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story So Far...   The Story So Far... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story So Far...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Archives :: Erathian Archives :: Erathian World Development-
Jump to: