4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Details: Cities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:
World Details: Cities Left_bar_bleue0/0World Details: Cities Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

World Details: Cities Empty
PostSubject: World Details: Cities   World Details: Cities Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:05 pm

1. Aonu (EY-on-oo) is the main city with a population of roughly 65K that was renamed in honor and reverence of the Greatfather, it is split amongst three separate but distinct areas. Twilight Heights is the lower class area which ironically was the last section built at the base of the largest known peak (Erathis Spire) it is at an elevation of 1500 feet and overlooks Aonu proper. The harsh road between Twilight and the rest of the town is only 1/2 a mile but serves as reminder that it is not part of the original city. The lower section is a circular city that comprises the bulk of the population and would be considered the working or middle class section and is commonly referred to as "the city" this surround the great temple that serves as the headquarters of the church which is named after the mountain it was built near "The Spire" and take the shape as such. The Spire itself juts into the sky nearly 3/4 of a mile and can reportedly be seen from as far off as 5 or 6 miles. At its peak is a crystal that reflects the light of the sun in all directions and is meant to represent the light of civilization as it was the first city established when the settlers first came to the world. The most well known feature of the city is the large crystal that sits atop the Spire, because of the size (200 ft diameter) and cut the sun's rays are refracted and provide a soft glow to the city several hours after the sun has set. The town is relatively clean and well kept and any manner of common shop can be found within.

2. Ashq (Ah-sHH-ch) the second city that was established, the church decided that the best way to keep people from fighting themselves was to keep populations in one area small. The church paid well to have the site scouted, the mountains south of Anou were a decent source of minerals and metals but a more sustainable area was needed. Scouts were paid great sums to venture out in those early years with but a few returning from the wilds of the Dark. None had brought back good news; finally one brave young human explorer brought back news of a wondrous discovery. Asertin brought back news of an area in the plains that was some 600 miles from Anou that shocked the small society. A wonder of nature, a giant sinkhole sat right in the middle of the plains. Fed from the tributaries of a mighty river the land had given way and collapsed exposing the core of the earth. A full scale force of laborers and artisans were sent to the site. As most merchants and craters were happy in their life in Aonu the church had to offer incentive to move out there and develop the land. The church offered up land that would be yours to own along with fealty from the workers in it who worked under your flag. Eight different men were chosen, all succesful in their own right as crafters, businessmen, traders, etc., how were given sums of gold and workers and took the long journey to the site. For his discovery the explorer Asertin was given the prestige of being appointed as a Baron and established the first Merchant House of Ashq. The city is very odd in shape, due to the sinkhole, an eight point star was dug out for the mine in honor of the traditional symbol of Erathis, the sun. The wall that surrounds the city is circular in design and between each "arm" of the star shaped hole stands a Merchant House that runs that section of the city, truly 8 towns stand as one larger city. Each town is slightly different because while they are close in proximity most stay within their Houses controlled section. The church of course has a presence in each and some say the church all but runs the House of Asertin, while Asertin himself passed on 10 year ago his family runs the House.

3. The rest of the world consists of small villages and hamlets, the farmland south of Aonu is rife with small communities, similarly the northern ocean's coast is littered with tiny fishing villages. Mines south of the farmlands and the great factory outside the forest of Aonu's Rest represent the other areas of industry outside of Ashq. To the East of Ashq the oceans other coast is used for fishing as well. Keep in mind traveling the seas is forbidden let alone dangerous as there are not experienced sailors most are content to leave the ocean alone. To the Southeast of Aonu lies the beginning of the Southern Dark and to the north of Ashq is the unexplored Great Dark of the north. Various other small cities dot the map with populations around 5-7K
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
World Details: Cities Left_bar_bleue0/1000World Details: Cities Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

PostSubject: Re: World Details: Cities   World Details: Cities Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:02 pm

A few comments...

1) First of all, those descriptions offer GREAT visuals. Hell, I want to this shit in a movie!

2) I expecially like the sound and feel of Ashq, and if possible I vote we start out in it.

3)
Quote :
Keep in mind traveling the seas is forbidden let alone dangerous as there are not experienced sailors most are content to leave the ocean alone.

OMG, that's it we're scrapping our current characters and becoming the world's first pirates!
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:
World Details: Cities Left_bar_bleue0/0World Details: Cities Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: World Details: Cities   World Details: Cities Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 pm

1. Appreciate it, however I don't have the will to write 300 pages lol. You have my permission to the rights.

2. Actually going to start in Aonu, the bulk of the Ashq population is workers and laborers, the church presence is there but doesn't offer training in that city. 99% percent of training and such would come from the Spire in Aonu.

3. I hate pirates(ask patrick) so I advise against that.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
World Details: Cities Left_bar_bleue48000/55000World Details: Cities Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

PostSubject: Re: World Details: Cities   World Details: Cities Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:48 am

The Sarge wrote:
the church presence is there but doesn't offer training in that city. 99% percent of training and such would come from the Spire in Aonu.
What sort of training are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

PostSubject: Re: World Details: Cities   World Details: Cities Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:51 am

Training in combat and magi mostly. Both Brak and the wizard learned from them as well as Baern will learn his clerical ways from them. Outside the church of course its possible but its not formal. For the sake of backstory and that I am saying that it makes more sense you guys have started in Aonu than Ashq. If everyone had have started out as sons of miners and stuff than maybe Ashq (but that wasn't described yet on purpose)
Easy bottom line is I want the PCs to start in Aonu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Details: Cities   World Details: Cities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Details: Cities
Page 1 of 1